Friday, June 20, 2008

Perfectionism

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.
Excellence, I can reach for;
Perfection is God's business."
~ Michael J. Fox

It seems I constantly struggle with this concept. I know I'm not perfect, yet I seem to continue to strive for the impossible. Why not just leave that to the One who can do it?

The funniest part is that I have actually rationalized with myself that I can't be a perfectionist because surely if I was I would do a better job. Wow. That's not self-defeating.

I think I'm relearning how to just enjoy each moment without analyzing every last detail to figure out what it can tell me about how I'm performing at some aspect of my life. (Well, maybe I'm just learning to not trust my analysis and stop it sooner.)

I feel like this is one of the "old Tara" concepts that I was so much better at "before". I feel like it defined how I saw life. I feel like I've missed this SO much without knowing how to get it back. (Can you analyze, rationalize and finally achieve your way back to a carefree life?) Lord, I know this can only be you...and I pray that I am receptive as you bring me....back to me.

Sometimes life happens. Sometimes it is just a conversation. Sometimes you may not know the whole story.

Always--Someone is looking out for you (and looking for you).

Sometimes life is just a roller coaster--enjoy the ride.

No comments: