This blog is getting more and more scattered, but I guess it's representive of my life right now. It'll be neat to see if the blog finds focus....lol. I guess I've also had trouble being as present with blogging which also makes sense. Well, anyways, I continue...
About 3 years ago (Jan/Feb), I realized during my devotional time that God was starting me on a transitional time that would last about 5 years (maybe the timeline was more me than God) :o) So, since then, I've been through so many changes since then that I can't begin to detail out the journey. Factually speaking, I quit teaching to be able to step back and think more about what I'm really doing. At Cornerstone Academy, I was so involved with the everyday, that I could've easily kept it up forever (and enjoyed it and been working in some facet of God's will), but I felt a tugging to really analyze my life (since I never analyze things!). So, I started working across the hall (I missed the kids!) at Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago. It was a great place in so many ways. I mean, the kids come by and visit (as opposed to interrupting), I work with some of the coolest/greatest/neatest people in the world, I work at a truly God-led organization really working to help the community and I've learned so much about myself, how I work, how I deal with things. It's been a crucial part of healing for me from so much of what I've been through here in Chicago.
A little less than a year ago, I realized that another step in the journey would be actually leaving Chicago (another place I could easily stay the rest of my life and be perfectly happy). Well, it took several months for God and I to really hash this decision out, but once I accepted it, I knew it was right. But, then what....when you leave the place that you've been your WHOLE ENTIRE ADULT LIFE, where do you go? And if I leave Chicago after being so hurt, messing so much up, and not finding resolution to about ANY of it....does it mean that I failed? Or I'm giving up? There was so much there for me, and I wanted to "figure it all out", but finally I bit the bullet. I accepted the assignment, and I have been TRULY amazed. I've been finding resolution so quickly that I can barely process it.
So, with all of that, I am moving to Charlotte, NC in July of this year to go back to teaching. I will be heading down there tomorrow to visit schools and attend their job fair. I have an open contract but will be getting my actual school assignment VERY SOON!
The other exciting thing is that I probably have a dog. My mom just had a puppy, a little girl, that I will probably be getting as my dog when I move. I've wanted a dog for several years, so this is a perfect part of the transition for me!
Well, I have tons that I need to post, so hopefully I'll do that soon and keep you updated on all the changes!
No comments:
Post a Comment