I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see eveything else. C.S. Lewis
Our 6th Annual Vision Benefit is on Thursday, and it definitely is the majority of what my little mind can comprehend right now. It is so exciting. CCCOC is such an amazing agency. I have enjoyed watching God work in and through CCCOC for years, especially these last 2 that I have worked there. I mean, it's a great example of watching your Father at work and joining Him where He is already working. We provided $91,959 of unreimbursed services last year to clients using the sliding fee scale program. When you combine that with the recent grade of a "low" F that Illinois received in serving mental health needs, it's easy to see a place where God is at work, healing His children. It's so neat to be a small part of this. In the planning of this fundraiser, I feel like God has done so much. It is awe-inspiring to see what He has done to get us ready for Thursday. (And our staff has been so faithful as well!)
We really need this fundraiser. We really need people to join with us to be able to accomplish what we've already started (and more). We really need to bring in sponsors to cover these unreimbursed services as we continue to see more and more people in need of therapy who cannot afford it otherwise.
I know that our Heavenly Father knows our needs, don't get me wrong. I mean, our needs come directly from the work we are joining Him in. I know that CCCOC strives to let God be in charge at all times. So, with that in mind, I will close with one of my favorite verses that seems to be appropriate...
" Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." (Eph. 3:20-21)
No comments:
Post a Comment