One of the happiest moments that I can remember surround one momentous occasion--the birth of my baby brother. I still remember so much of it so vividly. I had wanted a sibling for so long. I could barely believe it was happening. I don't even have to close my eyes to feel like I'm back in that waiting room, brushing the bright pink hair of my poochie doll, as Dad comes down the hall of the hospital, with a towel aptly tied around his waist to hide the split in his blue hospital pants. So many people wanted to fight to see the little bundle of joy that Dad was showing off. Not wanting to participate in the fight, I sat brushing, anxiously awaiting my turn. But Dad insisted that it was everyone else who needed to wait because the big sister got first peek. And there he was, Travis Nathan Truesdale...20 years ago today.
I didn't think I could be prouder, looking at such an amazing miracle. What could be more special than the birth of a little brother? But now, looking back, that really was only the beginning. There are countless other moments since that one. I am so proud of my "not so little" brother now for so many reasons. Travis is such a success and has really grown to be quite a special man. It's so neat to be able to say I not only "look up" to my little brother, but I respect and admire him, too!
He's been grown up for quite some time now, but today, he's officially not a teenager anymore. What a momentous occasion! So, although that was just the beginning, today I celebrate the beginning as I say, "Happy birthday, Travis! Way to go!"
No comments:
Post a Comment